If you’re a planner, VRSA’s got you covered. VRSA’s training calendar continues to grow with engagements scheduled into August, and more being added each week.
VRSA Annual Meeting
- Friday, May 5: Registration coming this spring
- Feb. 8: Mass Comm 101: Designing communications that will engage and inform your citizens
- May 17: Storytelling: How to tell your organization’s story to gain support and drive the narrative
- Aug. 23: Diversity in communications: Develop strategies to reach your diverse audiences
- March 16: General FOIA Training for Public Bodies
- June: TBA
- Jan. 25: Supervisor Training: Performance Management, Corrective Action, and Termination
- Feb. 22: Designing Effective Job Descriptions
- March 22: Supervisor Training: Attendance Management
Risk Management Training
- Feb. 15 & 16: Get Your Hardhats! OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course (Saltville)
- Feb. 21 -24: 30-Hour Construction Course for Supervisors (Lexington)
- March 2: VRSA Member Roundtable Discussion (Vinton)
- March 8 & 9: OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course (Herndon)
- May 4: VRSA Member Roundtable Discussion (Harrisonburg)
- June 1: Virtual VRSA Member Roundtable Discussion
Training for School Divisions
If you need more spontaneity, try training through the VRSA Online University or our other online platforms, which offer free, unlimited courses to members available on-demand 24/7/365.
- The VRSA Online University offers more than 300 courses in the areas of public safety, public works, defensive driving, parks and recreation, human resources, schools, law enforcement, and more.
- The VRSA Public Safety Academy provides courses tailored to law enforcement and is available to members purchasing law enforcement liability coverage, and who belong to the Cardinal, New River, and Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel District criminal justice academies. These classes currently provide in-service credit from the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS).
- Online training targeted specifically for the needs of schools is also available. The Child Sexual Abuse Prevention in Schools training series, in addition to courses such as Managing Challenging Behavior, Paraeducatiors Behavior Management Basics, Title IX Compliance, and more are available. Learn more here.
For more information on VRSA’s training resources, contact your member services representative.