This October, risk services staff began a host of OSHA training events to be held throughout the Commonwealth.
Safety Specialist Edward Shelton and Senior Safety Consultant Fonda Craig presented an OSHA 30-Hour Course in General Industry for members in Abingdon on Oct. 10 – 13. The training was hosted by the Washington County Service Authority and attended by representatives from seven member entities.
From now through May, staff will present OSHA-10 training – designed around one simple concept – identifying hazards in the workplace.
“This is something that we’ve had lots of conversations with members about,” said VRSA Director of Education and Training Thomas Bullock. “Seeing many of them express a need for this kind of training encouraged us to open this up to other members who likely have the same need for this important training.”
While this doesn’t replace individual training for members, available upon request, it does allow more members to receive training when only a few staff are in need.
OSHA-10 training focuses on hazards encountered easily, including walking/working surfaces, handling hazardous chemicals, electric safety, personal protective gear, confined space entry, and more.
Additional training scheduled is listed below:
- Nov. 1 – 2, 2023, OSHA-10 General Industry, Chesapeake, VA
- Dec. 6 – 7, 2023, OSHA-10 General Industry, Salem, VA
- Jan. 17 – 18, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Cape Charles, VA
- Jan. 30 – 31, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Clarksville, VA
- Feb. 20 – 21, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Centreville, VA
- March 20 – 21, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Harrisonburg, VA
- April 24 – 25, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Charlottesville, VA
- May 22 – 23, 2024, OSHA-10 General Industry, Fredericksburg, VA
Training is provided to VRSA members at no cost. VRSA’s risk services are provided to assist in preventing and reducing losses in your community. If you have questions or would like to discuss training, reach out to your risk services consultant.
To register for any of these events, visit our training calendar.