With the OSHA reporting log deadline passed, VRSA is pleased to share that 102 members utilized the OSHA tracking application this reporting period.
The application was launched last July to simplify the process of tracking OSHA incidents as a value-added benefit. Members who used it this year shared the below feedback:
“I would just like to share that using the new application was amazing. It made our OSHA reporting so easy and seamless.” – Lynsey Orndorff, City of Winchester
“I love that I can look at the reports that I have submitted and simply pull over the data. It’s already there for me, and I don’t have to jump from place to place on the VRSA site to find it, and I don’t have to pull files in my office.” – Lynne Sibold, Town of Pearisburg
“Favorite functions were how to designate recordable or non-recordable claims and printing of the forms required. The search feature also was used a lot that saved time especially if looking for an employee who had multiple number of injuries.” – Donna Vogel, City of Suffolk
“All those involved with making this a breeze are my heroes. This is done once a year and in the past would take a few hours to complete. Doing this “the new way” all in all took about 10-15 minutes.” – Vanessa Hayes, Martinsville Schools
The OSHA 300 application is available at no cost to members purchasing workers’ compensation coverage, and has the following features:
- Secure, permission-based access for designated individuals;
- Nightly imports of workers’ compensation (WC) claims data to streamline data entry;
- The ability to flag an incident as recordable/non-recordable;
- The ability to flag privacy cases;
- The ability to create incidents that are not WC related/reported;
- The ability to apply required OSHA coding, including days away from work and restricted days;
- The ability to track incidents by OSHA departments/locations;
- The ability to print the OSHA log for your annual posting; and
- The ability to export information for record keeping purposes.
“This application is an example of how VRSA is committed to providing members with more than insurance,” said VRSA Director of Education and Training Thomas Bullock.
Additional information and a link to the application can be found online here. For more information, contact your VRSA safety consultant.