Financial strength for schools
On Saturday, April 16, 2011, at 7:05 p.m., an F3 tornado touched down in Gloucester County, leveling much of Page Middle School and destroying many of the school system’s buses parked nearby. While the building was a total loss, the Saturday evening tornado struck at a time when no students, faculty, or staff were on-site.
Within hours, the Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) staff were in contact with Gloucester officials to ensure coverage – presenting an initial advance check for $250,000 just three days after the tornado struck. Over the course of the next four years, VRSA paid more than $11.3 million on this claim– the largest the pool has received in it’s 35-year history.
That’s financial strength you can count on.
Popular Coverages For Schools
- Automobile Physical & Liability
- Boiler and Machinery
- Crisis Intervention/Violent Acts
- Cyber Coverage
- General Liability
- Kidnap and Ransom
- Post-Communicable Disease
- School Board Legal Liability
- Student Accident
- Suspension/Expulsion Liability
- VRSA Solution (Short & Long-Term Disability Program)
- Workers’ Compensation
Student Accident Coverage
Accidents aren’t supposed to happen – but they do. VRSA offers a variety of student accident coverages, including: school-time accident only; 24-hour accident only; and interscholastic sports. For more information, contact the VRSA Member Services staff at: (800) 963-6800.
Risk Management Services
- Boiler Inspections
- Communications Consulting
- Cyber Breach Prevention/Mitigation
- Driver Training Programs
- Employment Practices Consulting
- First-Fill Prescription Program
- Nurse Triage and Reporting for Worker Injuries
- Property Appraisals