The 2021 VML Innovation Awards spotlight programs and individuals that have made a big difference to their communities by creating innovative solutions to address emerging needs.
The awards will be presented at VML’s Annual Conference in Leesburg in October.
Projects and programs are judged on how well they demonstrate the following:
- Innovative problem solving
- Improved quality of life
- Excellence in management
- Making the most of local resources
- Increased citizen participation
- Long-term value to the community
- Adaptability to other communities
- Award-winning projects typically demonstrate innovative ways of delivering services, addressing community needs, or significantly improving an existing services.
Awards are presented in the categories of: Community Health; Economic Development; Environmental Quality; Public Safety; Working with Youth; Communications; Risk Management and Local Champion.
The risk management category includes the process of identifying, assessing and controlling threats to a locality’s capital, earnings, information technology, and data. This can include, but is not limited to, investments in risk management and diversification of risk management strategies used to mitigate threats.
More information is available on the VML website here.