This summer, the VRSA Online University will transition from using FirstNet Learning as the provider to using LEARN.
LEARN provides a cloud-based employee training solution with a library of more than 200 courses, as well as the ability to create custom content. Through LEARN, member administrators can keep employees informed of training requirements and due dates with automated notifications and reminders, leading to increased engagements and improved completion rates.
Administrators may also assign courses to individuals, certain types of employees, entire departments, or all employees.
The LEARN platform provides:
- A “Coursebuilder Tool” where members can upload files, links, video and audio – as well as recording audio through the application. This is an upgrade of KwikCourse, currently available;
- Learning plans that allow for bundling of courses and bulk assigning. This is an upgrade of Profiles, currently available;
- A single, simplified all-in-one reporting tool, compared to separate reports available now;
- A Surveybuilder Tool – new!;
- A tool with which you can create notifications and marketing messages – new!;
- A classroom module for scheduling and tracking in-person training or live webinars – new!; and
- Access to a dedicated help desk, from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. – extended hours.
Historical training records with a status of “Passed” or “Completed” will be migrated from the FirstNet Learning system to Learn by Oct. 1, 2021. In the interim, users may access the FirstNet Learning system using their old credentials to pull training usage reports and print course completion certificates.
The VRSA Online University will be powered by LEARN beginning Thursday, July 1. Administrator training sessions will be offered virtually that day. Look for an invitation in your inbox soon!