The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) is the first and most financially sound group self-insurance pool in the Commonwealth. For 40 years, VRSA has protected our members’ assets and promoted risk management affecting strategic objectives. Beyond coverage, we provide consulting services and resources to our members, including risk services, human resources, communications, local government, workers’ compensation, and public safety. In total, our members contribution nearly $60 million in annual contributions to the pool.
Headquartered in Glen Allen, VA, VRSA has 55 employees – many with more than 20 years of service! Our staff enjoys a great work environment – we work but we have fun too, from monthly celebrations to chili cook-offs and picnics (Pre-Covid-19)! VRSA offers a comprehensive benefits package to help meet your family’s unique needs. We value continuing education and professional development by providing a tuition program and a variety of learning opportunities. Please visit our website, www.vrsa.us, for additional company details, including a summary of our employee benefit programs.
Currently, we have an employment opportunity for a Business Applications Administrator (BAA) to serve as the primary administrator and support resource for VRSA business applications. Our BAA supports VRSA business applications through the entire solution lifecycle: from requirements gathering through implementation, production support, and periodic updates. Additionally, you will act as the service contact to respond to and resolve end-user inquiries, including service and change requests, problem solving and third-party application support. Our BAA is also responsible for managing, documenting, and evaluating business processes and operational efficiencies to maintain secure and effective solutions that support VRSA business strategies.
Note – The BAA will initially work in our physical office location with the future flexibility to work remotely on a scheduled basis.
The BAA’s responsibilities include:
- Administering VRSA business applications, including the maintenance of security roles, end user accounts, and application configurations.
- Working closely with VRSA end users and application vendors to validate, troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Developing test plans to verify logic of new and modified applications.
- Coordinating, testing, and communicating application changes with end users.
- Understanding workflow and process requirements of end users related to business applications and solutions. Identifying opportunities for process efficiencies and automation
- Developing and maintaining business application documentation, to include processes and workflows, end user training material, and change management
- Providing business application support and training to end users. Understanding and assisting users with third party application-based reporting tools
Essential Education, Skills, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, a technology related field, or a related designation.
- Approximately three years of experience with application administration.
- Experience gathering and writing business and technical requirements as well as process documentation.
- Detailed knowledge of common Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering business applications.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and critical thinking.
- Ability to interpret and communicate analysis to non-technical end users.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and under supervision.
- Understanding of relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and work well under pressure.
Nonessential/Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Achievement of industry related professional designation.
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL query language and relational databases.
- Familiarity with XML coding.
- Experience with Business Analysis and ITIL framework.
- Experience with Project Management.
- Experience with Perceptive Content (by Hyland) and/or Origami Risk.
- Experience with reporting tools like Crystal Reports, Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SAP Business Intelligence (BI).
- Experience with data analytics tools like Sisense, Tableau or Power BI.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to HR@vrsa.us. Attention: BAA
EOE – We value