The National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction, scheduled to be observed this week has been postponed due to COVID-19. The safety stand-down is designed to take time out from day-to-day activities to talk about safety, and raise awareness of the severity of fall hazards in construction and their prevention.
Falls are the leading cause of fatalities in the workplace behind traffic accidents.
With many VRSA members working from home and focusing on online training, VRSA has put together a list of online training resources on this important safety topic.
- Fall Protection – VRSA Online University
- Ladder and Scaffolding Safety – VRSA Online University
- OSHA’s Updated Walking Working Fall Protection Standard – VRSA recorded webinar
- Personal Fall Protection – One Step Beyond – DVD
- Safety First – Elevated Surfaces and Fall Protection – DVD
- Aerial Lift Safety – DVD
Senior Safety Consultants Edward Shelton and Vinny Gallo have put together a few messages on fall protection that we will share throughout the week, with the first video from Shelton below.
For more information and resources on fall protection, visit: www.vrsa.us.