VRSA’s continued relationship with Marsh Mid-Atlantic Agency (MMA) and the insurance professionals at Lincoln Financial Group offers a comparable disability program. This program meets all requirements of 51.1 of the Code of Virginia.
Working beside your management team, the VRSA Disability Program will:
- Manage and administer your self-insured Short Term Disability benefits;
- Fully insure and support your Long Term Disability plan, and make sure benefits properly integrate with any VRS retirement disability benefits; and
- Analyze your entire leave program to develop a streamlined system that will better serve your entire workforce.
There’s more. Unlike the state plan, the VRSA/Lincoln platform offers flexible plan design options. They include:
- Elimination of the 12-month eligibility waiting period for disability, or you can leave it in place. Make the best choice for your budget and your employees’ needs.
- Coverage for your public safety employees. This could be a safety net in the event a claimant does not qualify for VRS or LODA disability benefits.
Reach out to VRSA or the consulting team at MMA to:
- Understand how your disability plan is meant to work;
- Ensure you can communicate the benefits to your workforce;
- Know how to submit and monitor disability claims;
- Have access to Lincoln’s customer service team and online support tools; and
- Receive the guidance and expertise you need to maximize the effectiveness of your paid leave program.
Lincoln - A Partner You Can Count On
- 115 years providing solutions to protect your financial future
- #1 top leave carrier on total inforce lives and new business sold lives
- 36,500+ unique groups inforce
- #1 top Leave carrier based on total inforce lives and new business sold lives
- #2 disability carrier based on total inforce premium
- 13M+ employees covered
- #172 Fortune 500 list by revenue