Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP)
TULIP, available through VRSA, is a low-cost insurance policy that protects both the “Tenant User” and the public entity. A Tenant User is any outside party using local political subdivision facilities. The policy applies to bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of the public entity’s premises by Tenant Users.
Premium costs are paid by the Tenant User and are based on: the nature of the event; the number of event days; the number of participants; the level of risk; and any special requirements.
Coverage and Limits
Coverage limits of $1 million are available for products/operations, including liability for bodily injury and property damage. The policy will pay those sums that the insured (the Tenant User) becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of bodily injury or property damage to which this insurance applies.
- Premises operations
- Products/completed operations
- Contractual liability
- Broad form property damage
- Personal injury liability
- Limits are outside cost of defense – therefore, cost of defense is an addition to the limit of liability for any coverage
- The public entity is an “additional insured” for each covered event
- Liquor liability – optional.