VRSA members have access to event coverage through our partner, GatherGuard.
GatherGuard offers a low-cost insurance policy to protect the citizens or organizations – called “tenant users,” utilizing the facility or space, as well as the public entity. The policy applies to bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of the local government’s premises by tenant users.
Premium costs are paid by the Tenant User and are based on: the nature of the event; the number of event days; the number of participants; the level of risk; and any special requirements.
Coverage and Limits
Coverage limits of $1 million are available for products/operations, including liability for bodily injury and property damage. The policy will pay those sums that the insured (the Tenant User) becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of bodily injury or property damage to which this insurance applies.
- Premises operations
- Products/completed operations
- Contractual liability
- Broad form property damage
- Personal injury liability
- Limits are outside the cost of defense – therefore, the cost of defense is an addition to the limit of liability for any coverage
- The public entity is an “additional insured” for each covered event
- Liquor liability – optional.