The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) is the first and most financially sound group self-insurance pool in the Commonwealth. For 40 years, VRSA has protected our members’ assets and promoted risk management affecting strategic objectives. Beyond coverage, we provide consulting services and resources to our members including risk services, human resources, communications, local government, workers’ compensation and public safety. In total, our members contribution nearly $60 million in annual contributions to the pool.
Headquartered in Glen Allen, VA, VRSA has 55 employees – many with more than 20 years of service! Our staff enjoys a great work environment – we work but we have fun too, from monthly celebrations to chili cookoffs and picnics (Pre-COVID)! VRSA offers a comprehensive benefits package to help meet your family’s unique needs. We value continuing education and professional development by providing a tuition program and a variety of learning opportunities. Please visit our website, www.vrsa.us, for additional company details, including a summary of our employee benefit programs.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Virginia Workers’ Compensation Indemnity Claims Representative. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service through all phases of assigned claims from initial contact to conclusion while consistently meeting VRSA’s established claims handling standards.
Experience and Essential Functions
Candidates must possess a minimum of three years’ experience with Virginia indemnity claims and progressively responsible experience in VA Worker’s Compensation adjusting in applicable lines of coverage with a demonstrated record of success and accomplishment.
Qualified candidates will possess a comprehensive knowledge of Virginia WC law in investigations, determination of compensability, and handling of all claims aspects as well as the ability to make sound decisions in the absence of detailed instruction. Accurately and promptly complete a written referral to legal counsel upon determination that a dispute or claim will go to hearing. Negotiate settlements of claims when appropriate and in the best interest of all parties.
- Highly skilled in the litigated claims process and the ability to monitor the litigation process and work with counsel until the issue/claim is resolved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with a calm demeanor necessary to interact with claimants
- Ability to gather and analyze information and reach sound conclusions; negotiate fair and equitable claims settlements; create and maintain complex electronic files
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work within multiple software programs
- Ability to function independently as well as a member of a team
- Undergraduate degree and/or AIC or other professional designation is desirable
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume to HR@vrsa.us. Attention: VAWC
VRSA is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.