The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) is the first and most financially sound group self-insurance pool in the Commonwealth. For 40 years, VRSA has protected our members’ assets and promoted risk management affecting strategic objectives. Beyond coverage, we provide consulting services and resources to our members including risk services, human resources, communications, local government, workers’ compensation, and public safety. In total, our members contribution nearly $60 million in annual contributions to the pool.
Headquartered in Glen Allen, VA, VRSA has 55 employees – many with more than 20 years of service! Our staff enjoys a great work environment – we work but we have fun too, from monthly celebrations to chili cookoffs and picnics (Pre-Covid-19)! VRSA offers a comprehensive benefits package to help meet your family’s unique needs. We value continuing education and professional development by providing a tuition program and a variety of learning opportunities. Please visit our website, www.vrsa.us, for additional company details, including a summary of our employee benefit programs.
Currently, we have an employment opportunity for a Sr. Property & Liability Claims Representative to process all phases of assigned property, auto and liability claims from initial contact to conclusion of the claim, to include litigation management. We are looking for a dynamic team-player with the ability to interact successfully with program members to build and maintain good working relationships.
- First and foremost, provide outstanding customer service to our members and fellow staff by promptly, courteously, and accurately responding to verbal and written communications within established timeframes, conducting visits and attending meetings and maintaining current knowledge of trends in the property and liability field.
- Utilizing a diary system to initiate timely contact on all claims, review coverage, and investigate and determine liability on all claims.
- Establish, review, update and maintain reserves on all files.
- Complete referrals to legal counsel upon receipt of suit papers and assignment of claim, monitor developments, attend trials and mediations or other proceedings, and provide direction to defense counsel until the case is resolved.
- Negotiating settlement of claims when appropriate and in the best interest of all parties upon approval of settlement authority and in consultation with the member prior to settlement.
- Recognizing subrogation/restitution possibilities and promptly refer to the VRSA Recovery Specialist.
- A minimum of five years prior claims experience in a related field in the insurance industry, to include litigation management.
- Working knowledge of business practices and procedures and the operation of office equipment
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft Suite software applications and use of the Internet for business purposes
- Demonstrated abilities to gather and analyze information and reach sound conclusions; create and maintain hardcopy and electronic files including databases; communicate activities between software applications; work effectively with all levels of an organization; maintain confidentiality; meet deadlines and goals; and function both independently and as a member of a team.
Qualified, experienced candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: P&L
REMOTE WORK and/or RELOCATION AVAILABLE
VRSA is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.